Frequently asked questions
There are two ways to go about it.
Through your retailer’s checkout
When you make a purchase with any one of our partner retailers or service providers, simply choose etika as your payment method at the checkout. Then just follow the prompts to set up your account. Please remember that to sign up with etika you need to:
- Be living in Australia
- Be over 18 years old
- Have a valid and verifiable email address and mobile phone number
- Have an Australian bank payment card
- Be capable of entering into a legally binding contract
- Have a verifiable and valid ID
Alternatively, you can sign up on our website. Before making a purchase with etika, it’s important that you consider your financial commitments and make sure that you can afford this purchase.
We perform credit checks as part of the sign-up process as part of our responsible spending practices. Once you submit the application, we'll provide you with a decision as soon as possible.
Sign up in minutes, with manageable payments over the timeframe you choose, giving you control over your budget. You can either sign up through one of our online merchants at check-out, or on our website. Before making a purchase with etika, it’s important that you consider your financial commitments and make sure that you can afford this purchase.
- We employ industry-standard and bank-level SSL encryption, as well as a world-class firewall service to protect your data
- We don't require you to enter your card number or other sensitive information at checkout once you’re signed up
- We perform fraud checks to ensure your safety
- We use 2-factor authentication on all purchases
We will never ask for your account details via email or over the phone if you receive such a request please contact us immediately.
You can reapply if your credit situation has changed.
Your approved spending limit with us will depend on our assessment of your ability to make repayments. Before making a purchase with etika, it’s important that you consider your financial commitments and make sure that you can afford this purchase.
The longer you are with us and pay on time, your spending limits will likely increase, and you should be able to carry out more orders at one time.
However, should you fall significantly behind in your repayments and if you do not contact us to come to a payment arrangement, a credit default will be registered.